Last but not least, the Cross Country Season comes to a close (for most of us anyway) with the National Championships at Calendar Park, Falkirk on the 27th Feb.
Anyone wishing to compete in any events should use the signup sheet on the notice board at Craigswood, or email me at email@example.com with your name, Date of Birth, and SAL number, before the closing date of 10th Feb. You must be a member of Scottish Athletics and Lothian Running Club in order to compete.
Cross Country Team Managers
We will be looking for volunteers to be Team Managers, and assistants, throughout the XC season. Please let me know (email firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are willing to help out at any events. When Team managers have been allocated for specific events, this will be detailed on the Cross Country Page, please feel free to volunteer for any events where no-one is currently assigned.
The role of team manager is fairly simple and not very taxing. The main goal is to allow competing athletes to focus on their warm up and race without having to worry about admin. A team managers responsibilities includes:
- Transporting and Erecting the Club Tent
- Team Declarations and Collecting Numbers (for Championship races)
- Collecting race fee and issuing numbers to club athletes
- Recording LRC finish order for East District Races.
- Collecting warm clothes from runners at the start line.
- Generally assisting the runners as required.
The role can be shared between more than one person. If anyone has any questions please get in touch.