Lothian Running Club’s Paul and Shona Young narrowly missed out on claiming both the Men’s and Women’s over-50 titles at the gruelling Speyside Way 37 miles Ultra Marathon. The brother and sister combination covered the route which follows the Speyside Way from Cragganmore Distillery at Ballindalloch to the finish at the town centre in Buckie together in a time of 5 hours 08 minutes. Shona finished in an excellent 3rd place overall in the female category and the leading over-50 while Paul just missed out on the men’s over-50 title finishing 2nd behind none other than Scottish Lib Dem leader Willie Rennie who finished 3rd overall behind race winner David McClure,Kilmarnock Harriers. The Lothian club were also represented in the race by Alan Robertson who finished in 7 hours 53 minites 02 seconds 2nd M60 and Michelle Kirkbright 7:48.48 taking an hour off her previous time.
Next Training Session
There are no upcoming events.
- World silver for Yvonne in Malaga September 17, 2018
- Shona completes all six Marathon Majors September 17, 2018
- Category win and PB for Alan at Cumbernauld September 17, 2018
- Scottish vest beckons for Malcolm September 17, 2018
- Pitlochry 10k/parkrun September 17, 2018
- Parkruns 14th September September 16, 2018
- Bronze for Jo at 10km Road Championship. September 11, 2018
- Pitlochry Games September 11, 2018
- USA/MURIESTON/AUCHTERARDER September 11, 2018
- Parkruns 8th Sept September 9, 2018