The next Socially Distanced 5km Run will be on the weekend of 13/14 March.
Entry fee £2. On line entry form on the Lothian Running Club TeamApp site: Virtual 5km Entry March
The format is designed to be compliant with current Scottish Athletics and government guidelines on Covid Security.
This run is an individual activity – not a group run so to comply with current guidelines please note:
- Entry restricted to members of Running Clubs that are resident in West Lothian.
- Runners to be 12yrs or older.
- In winter weather the paths can be icy.
- You must not meet up with more then one other person/household.
- Start and Finish at the bollards between the upper and lower Almondvale Stadium Road Car Park.
- Run and time your self any time on 12th – 15th February
- Submit your time ( if possible include a Garmin/Strava screen shot) using the email below by 23:59 16th March
- Results will be posted on the www.kitst.co.uk web site
- You must contact Ted to get a chip and Start Time allocated.
- Arrive and warm up individually.
- Collect your pre allocated timing chip and go to the Pre Start two minutes before your Start Time
- Enter the Start Pen and move forward on the start beeps.
- Start on the Start beep for your time and enjoy your run
- At the Finish hand in your timing chip.
- You can check your result on the display and on the KitST web site.
- Note that the Chip Timing system may record you as started if you approach the mat before your Start Time. Remember “Physical Distancing” applies to Chip Timing too.
Route: A 5km Trail Run from the Almondvale Stadium Road carpark to Peel Park and return. The Start and Finish is in the Stadium Car park The route is similar to the Road Relays Short Course but run in reverse.
From the start travel SW along the path to Charlesfield Lane. Turn Right to Livingston Village.
Follow Route 75 through the village and then north for about 700m. After passing under Cousland Road ( the second bridge) turn right onto a narrow rising footpath.
Follow the footpath 500m to Peel Park. Take care to follow the Peel Park section correctly! Turn sharp left for 200m and then right and right to the Peel Park rotunda. ( High point of the run!) Turn right (south) and descend the path to cross Cousland Road at the ‘whirly bridge’. Turn left and left to follow Kirkfield View then the footpath to Kirkton N Road. Turn left.
Follow the pavement and path along side Kirkton N Road and then continue to the underpass next to the hospital. Turn right and follow pavements and footpaths back to Almondvale Park.
Turn right over the Blue Bridge and cross the car park to the Finish
Juniors/Short Course: A Short course is available by turning right at the footbridge over the River. ( Western Bridge for the parkrun.) and then following the Riverside path back to Almondvale park. If there are sufficient volunteers to marshal the short course may be available for Juniors, otherwise Juniors can run the long course with an appropriate adultTime Trial Format: To maintain social distancing this is a Time Trial – runners start one at a time each minute. Starts are in blocks of 10 minutes with a 5 minute gap to reduce the size of any waiting group. The run is only feasible if participants observe physical distancing guidelines before, during and after the run.
Timing: Chip Timed. Collect your allocated timing chip from the Pre Start and place on your shoe, return the chip after you finish. Chips will be thoroughly washed before and after the run.
Trail Etiquette: Look out for other walkers, runners and cyclists. Allow plenty of room to pass. Do not run closely behind another runner. There can be a 5m droplet zone behind a runner so if you happen to approach another runner move out to pass in good time. ( Like Triathlon – no drafting!) Also no High Fives and no Cuddling. After your run maintain social distancing as sweaty bodies can shed droplets!
Facilities: This is a virtual event so there are no on site facilities other than the route marking. There are no route marshals so an appropriate adult may be needed to supervise younger runners. For your own safety you are advised to bring your own refreshments and a First Aid kit with the skills to use it. In an emergency help may be obtained from the Police Station at the Civic Centre. The nearest A&E is at St John’s Hospital Livingston
LRC 5km Route – February, March April