Championship standings will be updated on a regular basis and communicated on the club website, so that you can check progress. Parkruns will be totalled at the end of September .
Some rule updates….
Same as last year.
1) Prizes will still be awarded in the following categories…
M, M40, M50, M60, F, F40, F50, F60
BUT… you’re now competing against all club members, instead of just male / female. We’ve not had too many females complete in recently years, so it shouldn’t have a big impact on results but should increase competition.
2) As with previous years, you need to complete 5 of the below events to finish the series. I’ll be posting semi-regular updates with current standings to keep things interesting…
- Livingston Park Run: Fastest time March -> Sept
- Any Marathon March -> Sept
- 5th Lasswade 10 Mile – Rosewell – https://www.entrycentral.com/Lasswade-Road-Race
- 19th Alloa Half Marathon – Alloa – http://www.alloahalfmarathon.co.uk/
- 26th SAL Road Relay Championship – St Margaret’s –http://events.scottishathletics.org.uk/events/19099-17251-national-64-stage-road-relay-championships
- 2nd Tom Scott Memorial 10 Mile (SAL 10M Champs) – Strathclyde Park –http://www.tomscottroadraces.com/
- 9th Jim Dingwall Round the Houses 10k – http://www.falkirkvics.org.uk/?q=content/RTH-2017
- 3rd Dumyat Hill Race – http://www.stir.ac.uk/dumyat/
- 5th SAL 5k Championship – Silverknowes Promenade – http://www.runandbecome.com/edinburgh-races
- 22nd Rigg Race 6 Mile – Balerno – http://harmenyac.org/home/races/
- 11th LRC Dechmont Law 10k Trail Race – http://www.lothianrunningclub.co.uk/
- 18th Seven Hills of Edinburgh – Calton Hill – http://www.seven-hills.org.uk/
- 5th Brig Bash 5 Mile – Bridge of Earn – http://www.perthroadrunners.co.uk/brig-bash-5/
- 15th Musselburgh Festival Race 10k
- 26th Run and Become 3×1 Mile Relays – The Meadows – http://www.runandbecome.com/edinburgh-races
- 9th Caerketton Hill Race – Hillend – http://carnethy.com/carnethy-organised-races/caerketton/
- 12th Haddington Half Marathon (East District Champs) – http://haddingtonrunning.club/?tribe_events=haddington-half-marathon
- 3rd Murieston 6k Trail Race – http://caac.org.uk/muriestontrailrace
- 17th Stirling 10k (Scottish Champs) – www.centralathletics.co.uk/competition/stirling-10k/
- 24th Linlithgow 10k –http://www.linlithgowac.org.uk/linlithgow-10k
- 1st Great Scottish Run HM (Scottish Champs) – Glasgow – http://greatscottishrun.com/events/half-marathon/
*Month is assumed for some races where date is not yet announced
**Note a ratio will be calculated for National Road Relay points to compare Long and Short legs
***All Parkrun results will be totalled from March to end of September and points awarded for the fastest times
****All submitted marathons will be totalled from March to end of September and points awarded for the fastest times.
There will be prizes for high-placing competitors but the main purpose is to encourage participation and a high Lothian turnout at some good local races.
This will hopefully encourage new members to come along to train with the club and encourage our athletes to take part in events they may otherwise have missed.
Entry to the club championship is included as part of your club membership – all Lothian athletes are eligible for entry by officially participating in the designated club championship races.
The following criteria have been applied to races deemed eligible for inclusion in the championship:
- Officially sanctioned race
- Relatively local
- Low cost / Value for money entry
- Straightforward entry process
- Entry places are mostly relatively easy to attain
- Accessible to the vast majority of club runners, e.g. fast track races, tough hill races, and ultras haven’t been included
Lothian athletes must complete 5 of the designated races to complete the club championship.
You will be awarded points based on your finish position against other competing Lothian athletes (male and female).
Your best five races will count towards your final score.
To be eligible for championship points, you must finish the race and be allocated an official finishing result – the organiser’s results will be considered as final…. Not your Garmin time J
You must be a Lothian member at the time of the race, i.e. if you sign up in August, pre-August results won’t be included in your final result.
Members are encouraged to wear their club vest to championship races (and other races! ).
If a designated championship race is cancelled or postponed, an alternative race may be added at the discretion of the club championship organiser.
Additional events may be added at the discretion of the club championship organiser.
One prize will be awarded to the athlete with the lowest overall score in the following age categories:
- M = 39 and under
- MV = 40-49
- MSV = 50- 59
- M60 = 60-69
- M70 = 70+
- F = 39 and under
- FV = 40-49
- FSV = 50-59
- F60 = 60+
The age category you are registered against will be your age category during your first completed championship race.
In the event that no one from a given age category completes 5 races, no prizes will be awarded in this category.
In the event of a draw in an age category, additional criteria will be added to separate the runners, including the criteria below in the following order:
- Head to head (first placed runner most frequently is declared the winner)
- Dechmont Law 10k finish place (first placed runner will be declared the winner. Not invoked where a runner was a race marshall)
- Number of championship races completed (highest total is declared the winner)
- Total number of points (lowest total is declared the winner)
- A tie is declared
A small token prize will be awarded to all runners completing the club championship.
Prizes can be collected at training sessions, committee meetings or the club AGM (usually held in November).
Past Club Championship Winners:
|F||Chloe Cox||Lana Turnbull|
|F40||Christine MacVarish||Christine MacVarish|
|M||John Malcolm||Malcolm Lang|
|M40||Scott Nelson||Stephen Malcolm|
|M50||Finlay Slane||Calum Ross|
|M60||Alan Robertson||Alan Robertson|