Club Senior Championship 2018
- Prizes will still be awarded in the following categories…
M, M40, M50, M60, F, F40, F50, F60
- Scoring (NEW). Points will be awarded in descending order based on the number of Lothian runners in the field e.g. If 22 Lothian runners complete a race, the first finisher scores 22, the second 21 etc.
If less than 5 runners finish, the first finisher will score 5
- You must complete 5 of the below events to finish the series. Updates will be posted throughout the year
- Livingston Park Run: Fastest time March -> Sept
- Alloa Half Marathon – Alloa – http://www.alloahalfmarathon.co.uk/
- SAL Road Relay Championship – St Margaret’s –http://events.scottishathletics.org.uk/events/19099-17251-national-64-stage-road-relay-championships
- Jim Dingwall Round the Houses 10k – http://www.falkirkvics.org.uk/?q=content/RTH-2017
- Dumyat Hill Race – http://www.stir.ac.uk/dumyat/
- SAL 5k Championship – Silverknowes Promenade – http://www.runandbecome.com/edinburgh-races
- Penicuik 10k – http://penicuikharriers.org.uk/10k-road-race/road-race-details/
- LRC Dechmont Law 10k Trail Race – http://www.lothianrunningclub.co.uk/
- Seven Hills of Edinburgh – Calton Hill – http://www.seven-hills.org.uk/
- Musselburgh Festival Race 10k
- Run and Become 3×1 Mile Relays – The Meadows – http://www.runandbecome.com/edinburgh-races
- Caerketton Hill Race – Hillend – http://carnethy.com/carnethy-organised-races/caerketton/
- Murieston 6k Trail Race – http://caac.org.uk/muriestontrailrace
- Stirling 10k (Scottish Champs) – www.centralathletics.co.uk/competition/stirling-10k/
- Linlithgow 10k –http://www.linlithgowac.org.uk/linlithgow-10k
*Month is assumed for some races where date is not yet announced
**Note a ratio will be calculated for National Road Relay points to compare Long and Short legs
***All Parkrun results will be totalled from March to end of September and points awarded for the fastest times
There will be prizes for high-placing competitors but the main purpose is to encourage participation and a high Lothian turnout at some good local races.
This will hopefully encourage new members to come along to train with the club and encourage our athletes to take part in events they may otherwise have missed.
Entry to the club championship is included as part of your club membership – all Lothian athletes are eligible for entry by officially participating in the designated club championship races.
The following criteria have been applied to races deemed eligible for inclusion in the championship:
- Officially sanctioned race
- Relatively local
- Low cost / Value for money entry
- Straightforward entry process
- Entry places are mostly relatively easy to attain
- Accessible to the vast majority of club runners, e.g. fast track races, tough hill races, and ultras haven’t been included
- Lothian athletes must complete 5 of the designated races to complete the club championship.
- You will be awarded points based on your finish position against other competing Lothian athletes (male and female).
- Your best five races will count towards your final score.
- To be eligible for championship points, you must finish the race and be allocated an official finishing result – the organiser’s results will be considered as final…. Not your Garmin time 🙂
- You must be a Lothian member at the time of the race, i.e. if you sign up in August, pre-August results won’t be included in your final result.
- Members are encouraged to wear their club vest to championship races (and other races! ).
- If a designated championship race is cancelled or postponed, an alternative race may be added at the discretion of the club championship organiser.
- Additional events may be added at the discretion of the club championship organiser.
One prize will be awarded to the athlete with the best overall score in the following age categories:
- M = 39 and under
- MV = 40-49
- MSV = 50- 59
- M60 = 60-69
- M70 = 70+
- F = 39 and under
- FV = 40-49
- FSV = 50-59
- F60 = 60+
The age category you are registered against will be your age category during your first completed championship race.
In the event that no one from a given age category completes 5 races, no prizes will be awarded in this category.
In the event of a draw in an age category, additional criteria will be added to separate the runners, including the criteria below in the following order:
- Head to head (first placed runner most frequently is declared the winner)
- Dechmont Law 10k finish place (first placed runner will be declared the winner. Not invoked where a runner was a race marshall)
- Number of championship races completed (highest total is declared the winner)
- Total number of points in all races (highest total is declared the winner)
- A tie is declared
Prizes can be collected at training sessions, committee meetings or the club AGM (usually held in November).
Past Club Championship Winners:
|F||Chloe Cox||Lana Turnbull||Kirsty McMeechan||Lana Turnbull||Chloe Cox|
|F40||Christine MacVarish||Christine MacVarish||Christine Macvarish||–||Christine Macvarish|
|M||John Malcolm||Malcolm Lang||Malcolm Lang||Malcolm Lang||Josh Dack|
|M40||Scott Nelson||Stephen Malcolm||Stephen Malcolm||Euan McInnes||Malcolm Lang|
|M50||Finlay Slane||Calum Ross||Finlay Slane||Gerry McCafferty||Calum Ross|
|M60||Alan Robertson||Alan Robertson||David Mabon||David Mabon||Jim Petrie|
Past Championships Full results:
- 2017 Results – Download