Senior Club Championship 2019
The purpose of the Senior Club Championship is to encourage participation and a high turnout from members of Lothian Running Club at some good, relatively local races.
This will hopefully encourage new members to come along to train with the club and encourage our athletes to take part in events they may otherwise have missed.
All senior members of Lothian Running Club are eligible to participate in the Senior Club Championship.
The following criteria have been applied in selecting races for inclusion in the Senior Club Championship:
- Officially sanctioned race.
- Relatively local.
- Low cost/value for money entry fee.
- Straightforward entry process.
- Entry relatively easy to attain for the majority of races.
- Accessible to the vast majority of club athletes i.e. fast track races, tough hill races and ultras have not been included.
The following criteria will be applied when awarding points for the Senior Club Championship races:
- Athletes must complete at least 5 of the designated races to complete the Senior Club Championship.
- Athletes will be awarded points based on their finish position against other competing club athletes (male and female).
- Points will be awarded in ascending order i.e. the first finisher scores 1 point, the second finisher scores 2 points etc.
- The five lowest scoring races for each athlete will count towards their final score.
- To be eligible for points, athletes must finish the race and be allocated an official finishing result. The organiser’s results will be considered as final.
- You must be a club member at the time of the race i.e. if you join the club in August, pre-August results will not count towards your final score.
- If a designated race is cancelled or postponed, an alternative race may be added at the discretion of the Senior Club Championship organiser.
- Additional races may be added at the discretion of the Senior Club Championship organiser.
Age Categories & Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to the athletes with the highest final score in each of the following age categories:
- M = 39 and under
- M40 = 40-49
- M50 = 50-59
- M60 = 60-69
- M70 = 70+
- F = 39 and under
- F40 = 40-49
- F50 = 50-59
- F60 = 60-69
- F70 = 70+
The following criteria will be applied when determining the winners of each age category:
- The age category of an athlete during their first completed race will be their age category for the remainder of the Championship.
- In the event that no athlete from a given age category completes 5 races, no prizes will be awarded in that age category.
- In the event of a draw in a given age category, the following additional criteria will be applied, in order, to separate the athletes.
- Head-to-Head placing (athlete with the most first places is declared the winner).
- Dechmont Law 10K Trail Race Results (highest placed athlete is declared the winner – not applied where an athlete was a race marshal).
- Number of Championship races completed (athlete with the highest total is declared the winner).
- Total number of points in all Championship races (athlete with the lowest total is declared the winner).
- If the athletes are still tied after applying the above criteria then a tie will be declared.
|24/03/19||6/4 Stage Road Relays, Livingston|
|31/03/19||Alloa Half Marathon, Alloa|
|14/04/19||Round The Houses 10K, Grangemouth|
|03/05/19||National 5K Road Championships, Edinburgh|
|08/05/19||Dumyat Hill Race, Stirling|
|11/05/19||Penicuik 10K, Penicuik|
|16/06/19||Seven Hills of Edinburgh Race, Edinburgh|
|30/06/19||Dechmont Law 10K Trail Race, Livingston|
|20/07/19||Musselburgh Festival 10K Race, Musselburgh|
|24/07/19||Run and Become 3×1 Mile Relays, Edinburgh|
|14/08/19||Caerketton Hill Race, Hillend|
|September (Date TBC)||Murieston 6K Trail Race, Livingston|
|08/09/19||City of Stirling 10K, Stirling|
|September (Date TBC)||Linlithgow 10K, Linlithgow|
|March-September inclusive||Livingston Parkrun|
- Month has been assumed for races where date has not been confirmed.
- A ratio will be calculated for the 6/4 Stage Road Relays in order to compare Long & Short legs.
- Livingston Parkrun results will be recorded from March – September inclusive and points awarded for the fastest times.
|M||Malcolm Lang||Malcolm Lang||Malcolm Lang||Josh Dack||Al Aitken|
|M40||Stephen Malcolm||Stephen Malcolm||Euan McInnes||Malcolm Lang||Malcolm Lang|
|M50||Calum Ross||Finlay Slane||Gerry McCafferty||Calum Ross||Scott Nelson|
|M60||Alan Robertson||David Mabon||David Mabon||Jim Petrie||Jim Petrie|
|F||Lana Turnbull||Kirsty McMeechan||Lana Turnbull||Chloe Cox||Jo Williams|
|F40||Christine MacVarish||Christine MacVarish||N/A||Christine MacVarish||Christine MacVarish|