2021 Dechmont Law Trail Races
“The Dechmont Trail Race is one of many run routes created by Martin Hyman. There are others throughout Scotland including the Cockleroy Chaser and the World Mountain Running Championships. No one route might claim to be The Martin Hyman Run and Martin’s modesty would have vetoed such a title. So we invite you to enjoy A Martin Hyman Run. The crucial question is ‘Did you enjoy it?'”
LIVINGSTON – Friday August 27th
’10K’ TRAIL RACE @ 19:15
Junior ‘2.5K’ TRAIL RACE (11yr – 16yr) @ 18:45
2.5K TRAIL RACE 16yr+ @ 18:45
The 2.5km race follows a single loop of paths around Dechmont Law. The 10km starts with the same loop and then follows a longer loop past the Alien Stone then to the North Wood before returning to Dechmont Law.
The Races are held under the current Scottish Government and Scottish Athletics guidelines.
You must stay at home if you:
• If you have Covid-19 symptoms.
• Someone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms.
• If you have been asked to self-isolate at home by the Scottish Government Test and Protect system.
• If you are returning from a country outside the UK you must follow the Scottish Government guidance on quarantine.
Trail Race 2021 Map ( Updated for 2021 with 2.5km route!)
Entry Fees for 10km and 2.5km Trail Races
- Senior: £17 ( £15SA members)
- U20: £10 (£8 SA members )
- £2 discount for Scottish Athletics Members (SAL Number Required)
- No Entries on the day
Minimum age for 10K entry is 17 years on date of race
Minimum age for Junior 2.5k entry is 11 years on date of race
Entries On Line via Team App
We hope to arrange parking at Deans Community High School, Livingston, EH54 8PS
also you can park at Middlewood Park EH54 8BD
Facilities: First Aid, Portable Toilets adjacent to the Start
All athletes to Collect race numbers and Timing Chips on the day from registration adjacent to the Start/Finish.
The races will be Chip Timed by Keep it Simple Timing. Results will be posted as soon as possible at www.kitst.co.uk
You must return your Timing Chip after you Finish.
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org