The UK Youth Development League is a UK wide athletics league aimed at encouraging and providing the opportunity for junior athletes to compete. The objectives of the league are:
- To provide inter club competition for Clubs for athletes who are in the under 20, under 17
- To foster and promote athletics for athletes who are in the under 20, under 17, under 15 and under 13 age groups.
The League structure is changing for the 2017 season, see the attached PDF for full details of Divion
U17 and U20 Lothian RC members are able to compete in this league as part of Team Forth Valley (TFV) – a composite team comprising: Central AC, Falkirk Victoria Harriers, Livingston AC, and Lothian RC. The Divisional structure will be changing for 2017 and TVF will compete in the North Premier East South division along with: Glasgow, Sheffield, Leeds, Doncaster, and Hallamshire Harriers.
Most matches will be away from home. Buses and accommodation are organised and the total costs will be partially subsidized by the club, but competitors will still be required to pay towards the entry fee. Please feel free to ask any question bout this
There are 4 league matches over the course of the Spring and Summer,
- Match 1: Sunday 30 April 2017 @ Sheffield
- Match 2: Sunday 28 May 2017 @ Leeds City
- Match 3: Sunday 25th June 2017 @ Doncaster
Anyone interested in taking part should make this known asap. Let your coach know at training or send an email to the club secretary.