Scottish National Road Relays
The Scottish Road Relays are held Annually at Livingston. This year the race is on 29th March. As a local club we have been asked to help marshal the course as local knowledge can be helpful in this role. Marshalls benefit from seeing the race progress close up, cheering on the LRC runners all around the course, getting to wear a bright tabard and a tea ticket for some refreshments to take out with you.
If you are able to help on the 29th March please contact Ted at email@example.com
The LRC Trail Race will take place on Sunday 7th June.
The success of this event depends on a team of helpers to take on roles on the day such as registration and entry on the day and data entry, course marshals, finish team, refreshments, setting up and taking down the course, start and finish. There are also a number of pre-race preparations such as prizes and goody bag preparation.
If you are able to help please contact Ted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways to contribute
If you are not able to make at either of these events, but would still like to help out, then there are plenty of opportunities to do so, which needn’t be taxing:-
- Assisting the Team Manager at events
- Helping out at training nights – e.g. taking the register
- Marshalling at the monthly Fiddlers handicap race
- Taking on a role in the club (e.g. we’ll be looking for someone to co-ordinate entries and teams for next years cross country season).
- Contribute an article to the Club Website
- Maybe you have some ideas of your own…
For those that are willing and able to commit more time, the club can help with obtaining coaching or coaching assistant qualifications.